By Franklin Joseph. Smart companies know they cannot afford to have one of their employees become a victim of violence – on or off the job site. Each player especially female staffs which are on the team are very valuable, and it very important for the company to cater to the well-being of the team as a whole.[PowertoWomen.in] [Post] Most companies take steps to keep their employees safe and healthy through health insurance, wellness programs, and on-the-job safety training through women self-defense workshops. It’s not just the right thing to do, it’s good business to keep your employees happy and healthy.
Door to door pickup, Free coupons or lunch, Holidays perks etc are now a normal thing in any corporate. The staff made sure they MUST get these basic facilities to join a particular organization. The same way both corporate and staff must recognize the importance of corporate self-defense and safety awareness programs
- Why is Safety Orientation and Training is not compulsorily for Women?
- Are women lives important enough for a normal office infrastructure to work?
- Does sexual harassment or rape stories released in press affects the company brand value?
- Does adding guards to pickup cabs the only answer to women related crime growing in India?
- We do not have the budget for such activities. LIES!I mean company which boasts of millions dollars turnover are hesitant to pay Rs 225 per participant for women safety orientation workshops! So I think it’s the mindset of few people in management who do not want to invest in such activities.
- Our women do not show interested in such programs. LIES!Whenever I have worked with any organisation, I have always got a full attendance in my workshops and the women have shown full interest in the workshop. They have in fact told me the workshop was not properly publicized and in some cases few project managers did not allow the staff time off to attend these workshops.
- We do not want to encourage violent behavior among our female staff. LIES!This one really boils my blood, I have had male as well as female management members informing me not to teach the female staff anything physical as it will encourage violent behavior among the female staff towards the male members.